Friday, October 31, 2008

Share and Inspire

I've been reading the Nie Nie Dialogues (which is my favorite inspiration right now) and the thing that has been touching my heart the most is Stephanie's relationship with Christian, her husband. To me, Nie Nie knows how to live in all areas of her life. But I love reading about the cute things that they do with eachother! I think we all have cute "inside" things that we do with our spouses and I want to know what they are!

For example, last night Kim and I "talked memories." We reminisced about when we were newlyweds--where we lived, what we ate, the funny things that surprised us about eachother, the people we knew. It was SO fun and spur of the moment! (In fact, Kim called me today and told me how much that conversation meant to him.) One of the things we used to do a lot when we were first married is make sushi. We didn't have a kitchen table so we sat on the floor across from each other and ate with chopsticks. We always made it look really fancy like we were at a restaurant and set the "table" perfectly with our asian-style dishes. One time we took pictures of eachother enjoying our spread to send to our parents and last night Kim told me that is his favorite picture of me. We decided that we are going to have sushi night this week...

Will you share something tender, real, loving, fun, silly, cute that you do with your spouse? I want to know! By sharing we will inspire each other to make our marriages one that both husband and wife would do anything to stay a part of...

(and spend a moment with Nie Nie, see what happens)

*If you have no idea who Stephanie is or what the Nie Nie Dialogues are click here.

3 comments:

gina said...

Isn't Nie Nie amazing! Did you know some of my family photos are posted on her blog? It's under Nie's favorite vintage things. It's most of the black and whites.

Something tender to me that Tommy and I did was read the life story of my Grandpa Emery Meikle. This was when we were first married and living in St. George. I was horribly homesick. His story brought us together and made us appreciate everything we had. Or didn’t have for that matter. 6 years later we named our daughter after him. So... Reading about our ancestors together to get a feel for where we both come from is a great bonding date night.

Megan Loves Life said...

Thanks Gina!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Gina knew her and shared her blog with me... her story before the accident was gripping!!! We are printing shirts for the Nie Recovery and for the Run For Nie! You guys should totally do the run!!!