
Healthy.
Frugal.
Domestic.
Delicious!
So... have you ever thought of making your own baby food? I know a few people who do it. (My mom did it for me and look at me now!) I didn't home-make for my #1 because I wasn't domesticated enough back then. But now... So #2 is a lucky boy! I made 40 servings of baby food in the last two days.
Carrots
Sweet Potatoes
Yams
Broccoli
Peas
Lima Beans
Essential tools:
Vita Mix (or any blender or food processor, but I LOVE my Vita Mix)
Ziploc
Sharpie
Steamer or Pan
It was fun and easy! I took most of my instructions from common sense and Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious. (It's just such a cute book)
Anyone out there who does this... I'd love some tips!

6 comments:
Way to go you! I'm sure you've heard this before, but I know of some friends who put them in ice cube trays, freeze them and then baggie them. That way they're smaller to divide out, and easier to thaw. Just an idea.
Oh, and I love you orange kitchen aid!
You are just too cute! I've decided I'm going to move near you so we can domesticate our lives together!
Yeah! I'm glad you like that book! Gifts are always a gamble!
Homemade baby food is the BEST! I don't think you need any tips--looks like you got it down. I challenge anyone to taste the storebought food. It's pretty much discusting. But homemade? I seriously could eat homemade banana/mango for dessert. It is so much better for baby too---retains more of the enzymes.
Happy domesticating!
I like how your mixer matches your carrots... you should get a mixer for every dish I think... me too!
My mother used to do this for me. She would put them in icetrays and freeze them. Then she would pop them out and bag them up and they made perfect serving sizes for baby.
Oh, I see somebody already mentione it above. lol.
My mother in-law bought me a Beaba baby food maker & it even comes with the little serving trays so I can freeze it...I'm so excited to use it!
I'll have to call you when I start & get recipe ideas.
Post a Comment