I think all parents or aspiring parents know it would ruin a child if you BAILED them out of all of their problems. Letting your children fail increases the standard and inspires them to do better next time. (seems like common sense doesn't it)
I want to teach my children correct principles and then let them make their own choices, accept the consequences of their choices, negative or positive, and then I will help them learn from their mistakes.
I want my children to use polite and respectful manners.
I want my children to LOVE all people of all shapes, sizes, colors and lifestyles and reach out in service to others. I want them to be in the business of making others feel valued and worthwhile.
I want my children to be courageous! To stand up for the right, themselves and their values.
I love daydreaming and planning for the future!
3 comments:
Nicely said. I hope to instill the same qualities in my kids. Some days are easier than others but it is good revisit those goals often. Your kids will be wonderful.
I love this! I miss you guys.
I really liked and needed to read this... I would love to hear things you have talked about - scenarios... I think that is the biggest fear as a parent... what do I do, what do others do??? And we really respect you guys!
Post a Comment