Tuesday, May 18, 2010

waiting up

Picture has nothing to do with the post, but I couldn't resist. If you look closely, I have some salad in my teeth!

Here I am at 12:32AM waiting for my husband to come home. What is it about sharing a bed and then not being able to sleep if your bed mate isn't home? Mine is working. (HA HA! This is starting to sound like that Garth Brooks song, "the thunder rolls and the lightning strikes") ANYWAY, my husband really is working, setting up a kiosk at the mall after mall hours you know. My night and my routine just didn't feel complete without my bed mate reading beside me and then putting his book down anytime I want to talk--he's really good about that. Then snuggling, saying prayers, and me drifting off to sleep while he goes back to his book. That's how it always goes and you bet, I'm going to wait up until that happens! Every night, be grateful that you have someone to go to sleep by! And don't go to bed mad. And always snuggle. And definitely say yes if he wants to you-know-what. Even better, why don't you initiate the you-know-what. I just heard his truck pull up, yeah! No more time for you, blog... my Mr.'s home!

3 comments:

BookwormMom said...

It's nice when you can go to bed with your partner...

I know that Cole doesn't sleep as well when I'm at work...something about our nightly routine when I'm at home is just necessary for a good night's sleep!

Shy said...

You are awesome! :) And so right! :)

Maddie! said...

Oh my goodness, you have the best blog! and I loved this post - i know exactly what you mean. my husband works for the railroad and is a hay farmer, so he's always working late!