Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine Craft Fever

Call me Martha Stewart.  Just do it now because you're going to want to after you read this post.

This holiday just puts me in the crafting mood!  Do I ever post crafts on this blog? Only during February. There's something about Valentines Day... the pink, the red, the cutesy, lovey dovey-ness of it all that brings out my inner crafter.

First on the docket: invitations to my Valentine's Day (adults only) party

Next: Preschool class valentines for Sam and Abby.  I just couldn't bring myself to buy boxes of Dora and Diego valentines.  Not fun for me. Probably more fun for my kids, but not for me.  And I make the decisions around here, right? These were SO much fun for me to make! I even used the sewing machine by myself!  Yay! Without my husband's help.  I didn't even call him to ask which settings to use.  He's going to be so proud. I'm proud!
Pirate valentines for Sam's class include a kit to make your own pirate eye patch + chocolate gold coins.
Abigail's valentines include a candy bracelet.

Decoration: ribbons and hearts... cute isn't it?

Now let me remind you: for a craft to be A+ in my book it has to be SIMPLE, QUICK and CUTE. I am not all about expert-level, ultra fancy shmancy, embellished to the hilt. That's not me.  (some of these pictures are iPhone quality--my apologies)

Enjoy your Valentine's Day countdown!  One week to go!

Still to come:
*Decorations, food, favors, games, etc. from my Feb. 14 party
*More family/friend/teacher valentines
*Valentine sugar cookies
*We're going to give my husband a heart attack ;)
*My kids/husband's V-day 2011 gifts
*V-day breakfast

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! I love this holiday too. Celebrating love is the greatest ever!!!