Polka Dot Party
Food: Pepperoni Polka Dot Pizza (Since we have vegetarians in the fam, I did half the pizzas with circles of tomatoes instead)
Games: I don't know what this game is called but I put Polka Dots all over the floor with numbers on them. When the music would stop throughout the night, everyone would have to get on a number. Then you draw to see which number gets a prize. We also played Memory and I made the cards big circles on the wall. A sample match would be "Abigail's Favorite Food" matches with "Prunes". The prizes were Polka Dot shaped candy like York Peppermint Patty, Dots, Sprees, anything round or circle and also fun things I found like Polka Dot socks, dish towels, rubber gloves, bubbles, etc.
Decorations: Centerpieces were vases filled with gumballs and then I put Neccos all over the brown table cloths. We had Polka Dot picture frames, and the usual streamers, balloons, etc.
Cake: A professional cake can very easily have Polka Dots on it. Homemade is a little harder. I used Neccos again. I also made cupcakes with a candle on them so all the kids could blow out a candle with my daughter--they love that. And the cupcakes looked like Polka Dots on the table!
Party Favors: I found large cups at Crate and Barrel with Polka Dots all over and filled them with candy like Whoppers, Jaw Breakers, and other big and round candy with a little thank you note from Abigail. I made one for each family.
Music: I found a variety of Polka music on iTunes [including the Chicken Dance :)] and made a playlist. It's actually fun and lively music for a party!
Invitations: Of course anything Polka Dot is great-store bought or homemade. I made mine at KodakGallery.com and said "DOT your calendar... Abigail is turning ONE!" I also invited everyone to wear their "Best Polka Dots". Nearly everyone did! That was one of the most fun parts, seeing what Polka Dots everyone found to wear. Of course, my daughter was decked out head to toe!
Add on your own great ideas and change some of mine...
1 comment:
THat is probably the mose adorable first year birthday party I've ever seen. Ava will be one in July, and I am way excited for the party- thanks for the great ideas!
Post a Comment