I absolutely LOVE Valentine's Day!Whenever I tell people that they look at me confused and say, "Why?" I'll tell you...
When I was young, I remember making homemade Valentines with pink, red and white paper, doilies, glitter and the works. Then we'd make my mom's famous sugar cookies and frost them in the most adorable way! I loved to put Red Hots, Candy Hearts, and fun decorations on the cookies. The best part was, we'd all pile into our Dodge Caravan with the wood siding and drive around the neighborhood with our lights off. We'd place a plate of cookies along with a Valentine on our friends porches and ring the bell and run!
My mom taught me that this was what you do on Valentines Day! Have fun making love- themed treats and anonymously making your friends' feel special!
I also loved making a Valentines box for school, decorating it as creatively as you can and then having a contest. One year I made a Valentine Bear--it was sweet. I may even remember winning, but that could have been in my dreams...
Maybe the reason I love Valentines Day is not all of this sentimental stuff, maybe it's just because I love candy... either way!
So my tip is, get creative with your Valentines and make someone's day this year!
(In addition to your significant other-- V-day is not only for couples!!!)
Another good idea is what my sister gave out as Valentines this year. A cute bag with confetti and Valentines candy with something practical, cute and homemade--a bookmark. I loved it! What a sweet little thing to do for your friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment