Sunday, April 12, 2009

Self-Taught

I chose to produce two adorable and time-consuming off-spring instead of finishing my formal education (which I started in high school through Salt Lake Community College and Utah State University, then continued for a year at Southern Utah University, moved for a few semesters to the University of Utah and finally to an amazing and my most favorite semester at BYU-Idaho).  I CRAVE learning and deadlines and tests. Seriously.  I love the motivation, the drive, the diligence, pushing myself to the limit, the growth.  I miss it.  I really miss it.  So, it's time to take my education into my own hands.  By the time my kids are grown up and I'm back in college as one of those moms going back to college after their kids are grown up, I'm already going to know all there is to know about marriage, home and family.  So, I'll have to major in something else. Like English.  I always wanted to be a writer. To express myself through writing that would speak to people and change their lives.  Or Spanish.  Because I think it's so fun to know another language!  I used to dream in Spanish. It was like a fantasy.  

The first book in my curriculum will be... drum roll....

Why Marriages Succeed or Fail 
by John Gottman

visit www.gottman.com
The Gottman Institute provides practical, research-based tools to strengthen and repair marriages & relationships.

1 comment:

M & T Peterson said...

I don't know what I would do without school. It keeps me organized and motivated. I'm a better mom when I'm learning. Happy Studies! You are such an inspiration being able to being able to keep yourself motivated like that. I need an instructor to help me ;)