Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

My husband has been having a stressful time at work lately. It seems every day he comes home with a new worry or situation. I have been giving tons of advice and answering every problem and telling him what to do! WRONG THING TO DO. This just stressed him out more. He gently let me know that he prefers I just listen and be loving, sweet and tender. Give hugs and remain happy and uplifting, not try to solve the problem and give my opinion. (see previous post)

So I've been staying out of his business life and just being his wife! Besides being sweet and keeping up with my stewardship of heart and home, I decided to do the best thing I could think of... throw a party! Sunday night, we had a Valentine's dinner at our house that was a blast! Let me start by telling you that our entire Valentine weekend was a blast!
Friday: I made glittery valentines with Abbey and "snuggle" blankets for the kids!
Saturday: Massages and our ward's "line dancing" party.
Sunday: My parents came over for breakfast. Pink crepes with strawberries and whipped cream!
For dinner Kim's family came over, the single folks even brought dates. I fixed a homemade meal of Roasted Vegetable Lasagna, Butternut Squash Ravioli, breadsticks (pink, in the shape of lips and hearts), salad and for dessert.... Chocolate Zucchini mini heart cakes with chocolate icing and raspberries. Abigail's glittery valentines made for adorable place settings. We played the "dating game", and all couples in the room were quite compatible :)

Good thing I decided to let Kim make the living, and let me make life worth living!

2 comments:

Miller Time said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's weekend! You always know how to throw a great party :)

gina said...

Fun!