Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Some Confessions and Commitments


I've been more into facebooking than blogging lately. I just realized how this has been hindering my personal growth. Facebook is all, "this is my life... chatter chatter... blah blah." On the other hand, when I read a well-written blog post, about a topic I'm interested in, by a person I admire, that inspires me! I'm on my 3rd project in one week that was inspired by a blogging friend. And each of these projects make me feel empowered and alive, improve myself or my household, and I have fun! I'm repenting... I miss my blogs :(
(I still REALLY like getting in touch with old friends on the book! I'm not ruling FB out all together!)

I also have been watching a TON of Little House on the Prairie lately. It's a super down-to-earth, values-based, good time. But, everything in moderation! I've neglected my books, my personal study and my housework because of that wonderful TV series! My appetite for Pa's life lessons will have to be contained to weekend enjoyment from now on. I VOW TO YOU RIGHT NOW, to only watch Little House on the Prairie on weekend or date nights.

3 comments:

Heather said...

You are so dang cute! Maybe I should start watching Little House on the Prairie. ;) I know what you mean with facebook. As fun as it is, I feel like blogging is a lot more beneficial to me!

Miller Time said...

Great post. I have been thinking that I need to reorganize some of my priorities too. I am super behind on my blog. Also, I love that picture of Abbey. It is magazine worthy.

Angela said...

Hi there! I enjoy checking in on your blog from time to time. And from someone who has also been a blogging slacker, sometimes you just need a break! I just wanted to tell you that I love LHOTP, but my newest obsession as of late is The Waltons. Also wholesome & addictive, and you can watch a lot of the episodes on youtube!