Thursday, April 8, 2010

Officially A Wife for Four Years - Happy Anniversary!

4 years + 2 children + 7 homes + 9 jobs + a gaggilion happy times and a few sad times later... I'm HAPPY to be married to Mr. McGary!

One of my favorite things about our marriage is that we are always working to be better. Since day one, our life has been rapidly moving forward in a tail spin that we're trying to keep up with! I'm grateful to say that we've been consistently moving on to something better in life, even if we didn't understand at the time why it was better. Looking back at where we started 4 years ago, I can't believe where we are today! Our relationship is stronger, our life is fuller, & our hearts and minds have comprehended more than we thought possible. As we're striving to achieve our dreams, we feel like we're already living the dream! I strongly, strongly believe that THIS is what life is all about: working every day to be your best self. We probably won't see the improvement from day to day, but as the months and years go by, I hope we can all look back and see the leaps and bounds we've taken. That is, if we have chosen to take them.

I'm going to brag just for one moment: I have to say that I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be married to Mr. McGary! He is my "YES" man! No matter what I ask of him, he will do it. I have no need to nag, beg or demand because for 4 years he has shown me that he will do anything for me! As long as I ask him in a sweet and polite way, and that's not too much to ask!

In four years as a wife I've made A LOT of mistakes! But, as a whole, my marriage is stronger than it was on our wedding day. The daily "woops" we women make as wives are what change us into the best wives if we recognize them and decide what to do differently next time. Here's to us all seeing our progress every anniversary! And here's to being a wife! I'm so thankful I get to be one--I absolutely love it!

No comments: