While your husband is backpacking somewhere in Southern Utah and you don't know when he's coming back (maybe Monday, maybe Tuesday) and you can't call him...
Suddenly your house is overrun with mice! Jimminy Cricket! Rodents are your biggest fear in the whole entire world!
Throughout the week your fear turns into disgust which turns into anger which turns into war! You set up traps all over the house and catch a bunch of mice and poison the rest of their friends.
When your husband calls, you say, "Oh yeah, I've been killing mice all over this house. They are everywhere. You know how terrified I am of mice, right? Well, that's no biggie. I just did what needed to be done. Yeah, that's the courageous woman you're married to."
And inside you're thinking, "I'm so grossed out I can't even walk around my house in bare feet! My perfect little sanctuary is now tainted with a mice infestation and I don't want to come back until they are gone! I can't even cook, clean or rest in my house anymore. I'm so mad at those stupid mice! I want to cry and scream and move to a hotel!"
So you see, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade in front of your husband and then pull your sour face when he's not looking. Get it?
1 comment:
Ah ha ha! Megan I loved this post! I was laughing out loud - what a metaphor and what great "knowing" advice you give!
Post a Comment