I grew up with an egg cooker. A little device that you pour water in the bottom, place the eggs inside on a little rack, and in about 10 minutes you have hard cooked eggs. So today when I felt like having an Egg Salad Sandwich for lunch, having no egg cooker, I had to go to the internet to find out how to cook my eggs. I found this recipe claiming to be PERFECT Hard Cooked Eggs, and let me tell you, I am, as we speak, eating the best egg salad sandwich EVER! Now you know how to cook the best hard cooked eggs in the world too.... (Add Great Harvest Cracked Light Wheat Bread, Cage Free Omega 3 Eggs and some dining wear from Anthropology to get the above effect.) ;)
PERFECT Hard Cooked Eggs
1. Put the eggs in one layer on the bottom of the pan. Put the pan in the sink. Run water into the pan until the water is 1 inch over the eggs. Put the pan on a burner. Turn it to medium-high heat.
2. Let the water come to a boil. Put the lid on the pan when the water is boiling. Move the pan onto a cold burner. Set the timer for 15 minutes for Large-sized eggs (or for 12 minutes for Medium-sized eggs or for 18 minutes for Extra Large-sized eggs).
3. Put the pan in the sink when the time is over. Run cold water into the pan until the eggs are cool. Put the eggs into the refrigerator if you're going to use them later or peel them if you're going to use them right away. Be sure to use all the cooked eggs up before a week is over.
4. Gently tap a cooled egg on the countertop or table until it has cracks in it. Roll the egg between your hands until the cracks turn into small crackles all over the egg.
5. Use your fingers to start peeling off the shell at the large end of the egg. If you need to, you can hold the egg under running cold water or dip it in a bowl of water to make peeling easier. Throw out the pieces of eggshell when the egg is all peeled. You can eat the egg or use it in a recipe when it's peeled.
4 comments:
So....What did you add to the egg to make the sandwich so great? You know me, I need the recipe! ;)
Yum! Now you tell me! Today I had a bland scrambled egg sandwich for lunch!!!
I love egg salad sandwiches!! My boys and Nate won't come near me afterward because they said I stink. Ha!!
I love HBE and eat like one a day. But I too have an egg cooker that I have not been impressed with. Inevitably the eggs are cracked or not cooked enought or cooked too much, etc. I am going to try it your way next time and maybe toss the egg cooker and make more room in my pantry.
Post a Comment