theme:
LOVE IS BREWING
(it's a tea party, get it? brewing...)

decor: tea sets! pictures of the couple. definitely tiered serving dishes.
gifts: Heidi picked out a variety of items she wanted from Pampered Chef (now mind you, no one in our family works for Pampered Chef so it wasn't a ploy to make money on a shower... we just LOVE their stuff!) We displayed the items on a table. Each item had an envelope with a card in it that told the item's name and price. Upon arriving, guests went into the "gift room" chose an item or two they wanted to give to Heidi, put the cash in the envelope and signed the card. (It was to the benefit of all...no last minute shopping for a gift, and no sitting there watching Heidi open gift after gift. Slick!)
food: english tea cakes (found recipes online, ordered colored bread from bakery) any and all mini desserts (cream puffs, eclairs, cookies, brownies) sparkling juice in tea cups (purchased little plastic ones and tied ribbons on them) Of course fruit and vegetable trays
games: Pre-shower we recorded the groom answering questions about Heidi and also answering the questions for himself. At the shower we asked Heidi the same questions, then played the video to see if Adam got the answer right. Then we asked Heidi what she thought Adam's answer would be to the same question, then played the video to see if she got the answer right. (it's confusing to explain, but it works) Pretty much, The Newlywed Game. It was SO funny!
5 comments:
Beautiful party Megs! By the way, we played that same game at my brigal shower... If I missed the question I had to put a stick of gum in my mouth. Let's just say I had a mouth full. ;)
I just love your blog! And I love the idea for the shower! So great!
It was such a fun shower! I loved all of the cute decor, food, and the theme! You are all so creative, thanks for the fun Saturday
What a lovely idea for a shower. And what a beautiful spread!
Great shower idea!! We did the newlywed game, too (my husband to be was actually at the shower, we did a jack and jill, turned out really fun!). I am obsessed with cake stands and tiered serving platters, your spread turned out beautiful!
Post a Comment