Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hunt for the Golden Egg 2011

With all of this adventurous land behind our new house, I KNEW from the beginning we were having an egg hunt--for adults! We marked off about an acre of land with trees, cacti, bushes, hills, etc. It was treacherous ;)

Here are the rules:
  • each team has one color of egg and there are 5 eggs for each team
  • there is one golden egg
  • each team has to find all 5 of their eggs and bring their basket back to the starting line before they can look for the golden egg
  • if you see the golden egg before you have found your 5 colored eggs you cannot pick it up, you can only try to remember where it was
The race was on! It was fun to watch these adults get some exercise and an adrenaline rush!   Each team also got to choose a small prize in the order that they finished the hunt. The winning team graciously gave up their first choice prize spot to the last team--whose fifth egg is still out there somewhere! It was a ton of fun!

There was also a simple hunt for the children. I filled 5 eggs of each color and the children could only find their color. (A little preschool in the mix!) Their eggs were filled with balloons, insect toys and little chicks. We had bubbles and sidewalk chalk to entertain them as well.  

Did I mention it was lightly snowing during the hunts!?

Before the hunt we had an easter lunch.
MENU: 
Egg salad sandwiches, "rabbit food", carrot cake cupcakes, fruit, acini de pepe salad and izze soft drinks. 
The kids had a hard boiled egg in a nest, a pb&h with an easter cookie cutter, rabbit food and an izze at their own table. 


PARTY RESOURCES
Egg salad recipe HERE
Rabbit Food - cups of ranch dip with celery and carrots
*print these labels for free by clicking HERE! You're welcome :)
Carrot Cake Cupcakes recipe HERE
Eggs in a nest - brown coffee filters filled with confetti and a hard boiled egg in the center
*Don't forget, HERE I show you how to make the PERFECT hard-cooked eggs

4 comments:

gina said...

What a FUN party!

Miller Time said...

Quite the party! Sad we missed it :(

A and M said...

You are just too creative! I love all your fun party ideas!

Catherine said...

Honestly, Megs, I'm more excited about your darling rabbit food that the desserts. I'm sure they were equally fabulous, but man those carrots are too cute. What a fun hunt!