Thursday, April 21, 2011

I chose the right man.

Before I met Mr. McGary I had so many ideas about what I thought my life would be like.  I thought I would travel the world, learn a language, graduate college, fully succeed in life and then, when I was about 30 or so, I might get married. Kids? Probably...someday...maybe.  I never really liked babysitting as a teen so maybe kids weren't for me, I thought.  Kids and family were an after thought.  Surely they would never bring me as much happiness as my experiences.

So this is the girl I was when I was 20. All I knew was that I had a sweet gig at the airport, flying for free, working with hot guys. (I'm not ashamed to say that was one of the best parts of my job!) I had a rule not to date anyone from work, until I met Mr. McGary that sunshiny day. I saw that smile of his and I knew I had to go see what he was all about.  After our first words, I also knew I wouldn't be getting any work done that day! We talked and mildly worked all night long. We joked that very first day that we would get married. And wud-a-ya-know? 9 months later, we did!

You see, when I began dating Mr. McGary, my whole life began to flash before my eyes. All of the dreams I once had felt empty to me.  The only things I wanted in life were, 1) to never leave this man's side and 2) to have a family with him.  Suddenly, I began to see life in a whole new way! Nothing I had ever done in life ever made me feel the way I felt around Mr. McGary. I had never felt more love, hope and confidence.  I knew immediately that marriage and family--which had previously been an afterthought to me--clearly are what life is all about. I was changed forever.  That's what love did to me!

I made my choice and I have never looked back. I credit all of the goodness in my life to Mr. McGary! He loves me, he believes in me and he provides for me.  My choice to marry him and have a family is by far the best choice I've ever made in my whole life.  Ever.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

As I was reading this I was thinking about YOU. Who you were to me and perhaps the evolution I have seen in your life. I was trying to remember the 14 year old Megan that I became friends with - the one in her parents upstairs room. Then high school Megan - the one in the basement. Now who you are now. I was thinking about if you had changed. And I feel like there is this string the runs through all the "megans" that is this very woman that you have become. I would say that I have always known you like this. I have always seen this woman in your eyes and felt her in your heart. Maybe that is why I pushed so hard? People could say you have change SO MUCH since those days - and they would be so right - but I feel like they were all tangable, surface things - but you are now who you always were, and were waiting to become. You are a beautiful wife and mother. I just love it (and you).

Super cheesy and personal - you can delete it if you want. I just wanted you to know.